Watch the video announcement of this blog post here: https://youtu.be/6KPRFDJK72I
My name is Tyler Moon. I’m 30 years old and I live in Los Angeles, California, with my girlfriend Caitlin and our Siamese cat Yujiro.
I’m a singer/songwriter and musician… sometimes, and a photographer… sometimes.
I say “sometimes” because I don’t create as often as I should. But I’d like to change that for the New Year.
2015 was good, but I really want to make 2016 great! So in order to do that, I’ve come up with 5 New Year’s goals and resolutions for 2016:
- Maintain a consistent fitness and diet routine for the entire year. Last year I worked out and ate clean for a few weeks, then avoided the gym entirely and ate crap for the next several months. This year, I’m going to stay disciplined and consistent for all 52 weeks.
- Start a weekly blog. I used to write a lot in high school and college, but not so much anymore. I want to sharpen my writing skills again, so I plan to write about my life and any other thoughts, ideas, or opinions I may have, and I’ll post on both my personal website and Medium.
- Do a weekly photo shoot. I used to shoot a lot, but I haven’t made the time for it these past few years. In 2016, I’ll do one shoot a week, which can include shooting models, actors, musicians, landscapes, architecture, or even myself. I just want to have a camera in my hands again. I’ll post each shoot on my Flickr page and my 500PX page.
- Write and record a song every week. I have a problem releasing anything that’s not “perfect,” and because of that, I hardly posted any music online at all last year. For 2016, I will post a new song each week on my SoundCloud page, even if the song is rough and still a work-in-progress.
- Post a weekly vlog. I was really inspired by Casey Neistat’s decision to start a daily vlog last year, so while I can’t commit to vlogging everyday, I am going to start a weekly vlog that highlights what’s going on in my life each week.
That’s it! I know it’s going to be very challenging, but I think it will also be very rewarding.
Please follow me on the platforms below to keep up with my progress.
Happy New Year!
Weekly Photo Shoot